In a time of social distancing, when Lost&Found’s staff and chapter members are keeping to our own corners for a while to slow the spread of COVID-19, we’ve ramped up our social media efforts to keep serving young adults and our community at a time when mental health needs are as important as ever.
We’re providing content that’s relevant to this moment:
- #Resilience101: Through Instagram, we’re sharing daily tips and helpful ways to remain resilient amidst COVID-19 and every day. Following the American Psychological Association’s definition of “resilience,” we regularly share stories that capture what it means to be resilient today (that’s our handle!) in a variety of ways: physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, and so on. Our favorites will be curated into weekly resilience tips sent to your email in the near future!
- #CreateCommunity: We are working to create community wherever we may be, whether we are “lost,” “found,” or anywhere in the short distance between. Right now, our focus is on creating community in a world mostly operating online. We’re inviting engagement through our channels, helping people understand what online community means to them and creating opportunities to connect. These community opportunities are driven through our Instagram posts and stories, but also through Facebook live sessions hosted each week on our page with community mental health partners. If you want to access these sessions later, you can find the videos posted on Facebook and YouTube.
- #Sources4Support: Social distancing doesn’t mean we’re all alone, even if we’re apart. We’re sharing resources to help with needs both related to mental health and otherwise. At a time when our mental health ecosystem partners are banding together to address the rising needs of community members and students around the country, we’re compiling information to create a “one-stop” location to ensure resources are immediately available and accessible to those who need them. These resources are made available through the link in our Instagram bio and soon to be shifted onto our website.
- #SundayStories: These stories highlight what’s going on in the Lost&Found community. Yes, even in the midst of COVID-19, we have some good and exciting news to share! Keep tabs on our Instagram story on Sunday nights to hear the latest from our board, staff, and chapters, and we’ll also post the videos to Facebook and YouTube on Monday mornings. Start your week with Lost&Found! You won’t be disappointed.
- #MindfulMinute: Lost&Found’s staff members are sharing their own experience navigating COVID-19 and finding ways to be mindful for a minute in these weekly messages. Every Wednesday morning, our team will share out a practice that helps us stay mindful (and motivated!) and go live for one minute on Instagram to share how we apply that practice in our lives. Videos will be posted to Facebook and YouTube by Wednesday afternoon. Our goal is to make mindfulness approachable and give followers a chance to see our team’s work in action. We hope you’ll join us on Wednesday mornings!
If you haven’t yet connected with Lost&Found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, now would be a great time to do so. If you find the content helpful, please comment and share it with someone in your life who may find it useful right now.
We’re building resilience, even from a distance. More importantly, we want to stay tuned into your needs as you navigate a world flipped upside down from COVID-19. If there is any way we can be helpful to you right now, do not hesitate to reach out to me or our staff. We are here to serve students as they have been displaced, but we recognize our responsibility to serve the greater community facing mental health challenges today and throughout the pandemic.
We are here for you when you need us.
Stay tuned for more updates to come, and we hope we’ll see you online. Thank you for your support and partnership with Lost&Found! It means the world right now.